Monday 21 February 2011

Eco Project - Inflatable spaces

During my research into temporary interior spaces I came across a company called 'Inflate' who offers a range of lightweight and portable structures for interiors as well as exteriors.

 INFLATE 

The small office or meeting spaces that inflate have managed to create with there OIAB product (office in a bag) have inspired me to do something similar with my project. Here are some images of the OIAB.

Interior


Cluster of OIAB's


Not an OIAB, but similar idea.


Experimentation with Inflatables




 Early experimentation with inflatables
 



Using the Inflatables seems to be a good solution, for the office spaces I will be designing, but they will have to be woven in and around a much stronger temporary structure that will provide a second floor.


To create this 'skeleton' structure, I have been looking at some innovative Eco friendly materials.

Cardboard is one of them.



The strength in cardboard can be seen in this structure (image on left), its 100% re-cyleable and can be weather treated, making it a serious option for my design.
Im going to research further into its properties to see how it is manufactured and what shapes and forms it comes in.



















This reinforced cardboard could be used to create the struts in a geodesic dome, providing the framework for the temporary cladding, which could be similar to the products that Inflate has created (above).

I recently came across this site that explains how to create a simple geodesic dome using thin metal tubing. Im going to build one to get to grips with the structure.


5 comments:

  1. Very amazing inflatable structure and hope these inspires us to build super strength but easy to build structure

    rental water slides

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a fabulous and awesome kind of inflatables like bounce house Santa Clara. Thanks that I found this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome I like it. I have a different kinds inflatables for rent but I like this

    ReplyDelete
  4. All inflatables are flexible. Many are more water toy than a sport tool. I suggest that you borrow or rent an inflatable as well as a rigid board; paddle a bit and then decide what to buy. Boards can be hung on walls or ceilings.

    best inflatable kayak

    ReplyDelete

  5. ساعة فيت بيت
    : هذه المدونة رائعة حقًا ، إنها مفيدة جدًا لنا قم بزيارتها هنا
    polar a370 ميزان اللياقة ساعة بولارساعات بولار

    ReplyDelete